The best shoe inserts for work are high-quality insoles that provide as much cushioning as possible while still fitting in your shoe comfortably. And the best inserts need to be adjustable for the perfect fit — and need to come at a great price too. If that sounds like a tall order, don’t worry. There’s a brand and a type of shoe inserts that works great for me and should do the trick for you too.
While there are many types and brands of insoles on the market, they can be divided into three general categories:
- Those that provide support, like for fallen arches or for the ball of the foot
- Those that provide cushioning, perhaps to reduce pain in the heel or near the toes, and
- Those that do both.
For almost everyone, the best shoe inserts are those that do both.
The Best Shoe Inserts For Work
If you must stand up for very long at work, you need great shoes with superior-quality inserts to prevent pain and injury. Start by choosing the best and most comfortable shoes you can find, then add Hydrofeet Dynamic Liquid Massaging Orthotic Insoles — available from Amazon.
The manufacturer of this brand of shoe insoles says that using them is like walking on water. That’s because you get a squishy feeling under your feet that provides both the crucial support you need for standing a lot along with the cushioning you need to reduce the pain in your feet, legs and back.
In fact, regularly using good insoles has been proven to provide relief from back pain, tired feet, bad circulation in the lower extremities and other related medical conditions caused from foot maladies or standing too long. Using these Hydrofeet insoles has helped me with my hip and ankle pain as well as my back pain. They might help you with those things as well as with knee pain and other issues.
And as an added feature, these inserts are treated with an antimicrobial preparation that helps reduce the mildew and odors that are so common in the shoes we wear for an entire workday everyday.
So what provides the crucial squishiness? These inserts are filled with glycerin, and that’s a very good thing for long-lasting cushioning. I did a bit of research, and I found that inserts can be filled with a wide variety of things, including mineral oil, synthetic gels and even simply water. But the glycerin in these is proven to provide the greatest viscosity for firmness and support that you can’t get from cheaper brands.
Specifically, I like the following things about these inserts:
- High-quality gel material for long life
- Rugged construction for durability
- A variety of sizes for a close fit
- Well-contained gel so inserts can be trimmed for an even more precise fit
- Compatibility with the widest possible array of shoe types
The massaging effect of the moving gel is especially nice as the workday goes on, and it’s what keeps me coming back for more of these insoles every time I buy new shoes.
Are Cheap Shoe Inserts Any Good?
You may notice when checking Amazon that the best shoe inserts are considerably more expensive than some discount store brands. That’s for many reasons, most of which are listed above. But why not use cheaper insoles? And why are insoles necessary at all?
The insoles that come in work shoes and work boots are often made of very inexpensive materials, some of which won’t hold up nearly as long as the shoes or boots. Depending on how the shoes are made, you can prolong their life and increase your comfort by either adding the best shoe inserts you can find on top of what’s there or removing the old insoles and putting in newer and better replacements.
But are more expensive brands really worth the difference in price? Most people say the answer is yes. More expensive shoe insoles are:
- Built around better research so they’re engineered right
- Made with the very best materials rather than cheaper ones that help keep the price low
- Created with comfort and support in mind rather than an attractive price point
- Designed for long-term use, not short-term satisfaction
I believe the Hydrofeet Dynamic Liquid Massaging Orthotic Insoles are the best shoe inserts available, and that’s why I recommend them. But is there a cheap brand that’s worth considering?
If you insist on choosing cheap insoles, I suggest going with one of the many Dr. Scholl’s products. You may be surprised to hear me recommend this brand because so many website recommend against this brand, pointing out that this company certainly doesn’t make the best shoe inserts. But this much is certain: more consumers buy this brand than any other, so it’s clear that some Dr. Scholl’s products satisfy customers. Click here to see some of the best Dr. Sholl’s work shoe insoles at Amazon.
Even More About The Recommended Hydrofeet Shoe Inserts
I strongly recommend that you consider choosing the Hydrofeet brand if your budget allows. When you want the best shoe inserts, this should be your first and best choice. These Hydrofeet insoles provide four key benefits:
1. Arch support. Cheap insoles often skimp on the arch support, but for many of us this is the most important characteristic because arch supports help keep our foot bones aligned and make walking less stressful on our ankles.
2. Cushioning. The cushioning qualities of shoe insoles absorb shock, effectively softening the blow of walking around on hard surfaces while reducing the long-term impact of standing still, meaning you can stand and walk longer with less pain.
3. Massage. My favorite feature is surely the massaging gel that moves back and forth as you walk, gently massaging and helping distribute pressure more equally as well. This can improve circulation, which in turn reduces swelling and pain.
4. Safety. With built in antimicrobial treatment, these very best shoe inserts for work aren’t likely to grow mold and bacteria, and you can further increase their cleanliness and safety by washing gently by hand. Plus, if an insert should ever break, the gel inside won’t damage your skin or harm you in any way.
In addition, the best shoe inserts also come with a generous warranty. That’s an added bonus that means you’re not putting your money at risk by giving them a try.
So why not try the Hydrofeet Dynamic Liquid Massaging Orthotic Insoles on my recommendation? You’ll soon be glad you did, and your feet will thank you every pain-free workday.